[Icecast] SSL Question

Gavin Stephens gavin at stephens.net.nz
Sun Mar 8 15:24:35 UTC 2020

 Sorry for the late update. I didn't realise the replies came and went off list regarding this.

 I had another suggestion made to me it could still be bad pem files and to try converting them to pfx then back to pem files, which I did, and fortunately this fixed it.

 The error message I was getting in the Icecast log was about no compatible ssl port.  I assumed this was something more complex than a bad certificate since an error message to that effect would have been easier to figure out.

 I took the certificate and private key .pem files, added them together but it didn't work until the conversion to pfx and back.

 Thanks for the reply though.

Cheers,
Gavin.

On 9 March 2020 4:03:00 AM NZDT, Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk> wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 07:16:51AM +1300, Gavin Stephens wrote:
>> FYI Chrome just sits there saying establishing secure connection.
>I've just
>> installed Ice on another machine and copied over the icecast.pem file
>and
>> un-remarked the port and path areas for SSL on port 443 (not 8443).
>Same
>> result.
>
>I have:
>
>    <listen-socket>
>        <port>8443</port>
>        <bind-address>::</bind-address>
>        <ssl>1</ssl>
>    </listen-socket>
>
>    <paths>
>        <ssl-certificate>/etc/icecast2/icecast.pem</ssl-certificate>
>    </paths>
>
>And it's definitely working with Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
>
>Is there anything else listening on port 443/tcp on that server?
>
>--
>Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk>

Sent from Open Mail on Android.