[Icecast] Empty username and password for stream_auth

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sat Jun 20 17:54:52 UTC 2020

Good evening,

On Wed, 2020-06-17 at 08:37 +0000, Christian Stoller wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> Thanks for your reply. It really helped.

I'm happy to hear that. :)

> Did I understand you correctly that we should respond to those
> requests sent by Icecast without username and password with HTTP
> status code 200 and the header "Icecast-Auth-Message: No username
> provided"?

Yes. However I would more go for a 204 ("No data") as you will likely
not send any body.

Also, as always, test any changes before going live with them.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015