[Icecast] Streaming SSL / HTTPS with m3u file

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Sun Jul 19 23:12:51 UTC 2020

I solved the issue by adding my own m3u files to /usr/share/icecast/web but I am not sure if this is icecast best-practice. This also raises a few other issues as well… http stream links don’t appear on the icecast stream directory and stream titles and track metadata does not display when opening m3u files created in this way. I assume that there are various reasons for this…mainly that https connections are not really meant to be opened via m3u files, but instead should be opened directly in the browser. Hoping to get some confirmation on these suspicions.