[Icecast] Linux source-client that can push AAC to icecast2?

axeon 2qopz9602 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:24:44 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 2:23 PM Geoff Shang wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Jul 2020, axeon wrote:
>
> > Hi all, I set up ezstream to read a playlist.m3u file containing only
> > MP3 encoded songs (to shuffle continuously) and push this to icecast2.
> > This works, and I can also reencode to a lower bitrate.
>
> > I would like to know if there is a way to reencode these MP3s into
> > AAC-LC 128kpbs and then push the stream to icecast2. I'm doing this on a
> > VM with only terminal access and no audio hardware, so ezstream was
> > perfect because it could just read MP3s and send it over, but it does
> > not support AAC.
>
> The thing about ezstream is it can literally support anything if you have
> the needed command line decoder and encoder.
>
> I have no experience with streaming AAC, but presumably you could figure
> out the appropriate faac command line and set it up as an encoder and have
> ezstream stream it.
>
> Cheers,
> Geoff.

I wrote my XML file here: https://pastebin.com/Ta54uZji

But, after running it gives the error:
ezstream[28007]: aacstream.xml[14]: stream (default): format: unsupported
stream format
ezstream[28007]: aacstream.xml[38]: encoder (aac-encoder): format:
unsupported stream format

I probably don't have the encoding command correct, but not sure what to do
about line 14 error.