[Icecast] Server

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Jan 27 15:18:51 UTC 2020

On Jan 27, 2020, at 08:21, Rondejavu <rondejavu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was hoping that had changed. I read something about the copyright expiration on the MP3 format that could affected it’s use in Ices.

MPEG-1 Layer III (popularly known as ‘MP3’) has been patent clear since 16 April 2017.

One other live encoder option that supports both OggVorbis and OggVorbis as well as MP3 is GlassCoder:

	https://github.com/ElvishArtisan/GlassCoder/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |