[Icecast] admin console

Petr Pisar petr.pisar at atlas.cz
Wed Jan 8 05:44:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 08:38:41PM +0000, jake at jakebriggs.com wrote:
> January 7, 2020 10:56 AM, "user" <5f787a at i2pmail.org> wrote:
> > 2020-01-06 17:50, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> >
> > I'm consider to put icecast behind reverse proxy. It is not so easy as I
> > think before. Does anyone have experience with it?
>
> I run it behind a reverse proxy on apache, and everything works bar one
> thing - the links in the status and admin interface that serve up an m3u
> file give you file with the "wrong" URL in it.

M3U playlists are (or used to be) typically downloaded by a web browser and
passed to an external music player. If the M3U playlist did not contain the
hostname, the music player would see a relative path and would search the
playlist items in a local file system instead on the Icecast host. Therefore
Icecast puts its hostname into the playlists.

-- Petr