[Icecast] Chrome not allowing mixed content anymore

Mikel Sanz | 20 Comunicación mikel at 20comunicacion.com
Sat Feb 29 16:06:00 UTC 2020

For example, in my case, we use several servers with Centovacast, with
several Icecast2 services. Version 2.5 of Icecast2, allows to respond to
http and https connections from the same port, but takes years in beta.
Centovacast does not update its panel, waiting for the final version of
Icecast 2.5 to be released.

Chrome has been warning for months that this would happen in February, but
no one has advanced anything to fix this.

Therefore, we have to enable manually service by service a new secondary
port that responds via https, and contact client by client to update their
Websites, when everyone could be massively enabled by the same port if the
new version of Icecast was already available.

Why is this improvement not already implemented in Icecast2? In Icecast KH
it has been available for months...