[Icecast] Possible CORS issue

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 22:36:55 UTC 2020

On 14 Feb 2020, at 21:46, Chip wrote:

> […]
>
> The second version above works because Icecast is configured
> differently to
> the first example - indeed, they're different versions:
>
> This doesn't work:
>
> [chip at machine]# icecast -v
> Icecast 2.3.3-kh11-20150225150031

Hi,
you are using Icecast-kh, this is quite different from the
„normal“ Icecast and we can not offer help for it, as we are
no familiar with it.

You might want to either switch to the „official“ Icecast
or maybe file a bug with the Icecast-kh project instead.

> This one works with curl nicely:
>
> [chip at machine2]# icecast -v
> Icecast 2.4.0-kh12-8-gc6e5d83

I assume thats probably because Icecast-kh 2.4 might have added HEAD
support?

> How easy is it to upgrade Icecast mid-flight on a production server?
> Can it
> be done seamlessly or what sort of downtime am I looking at?

You will eventually need to restart the Icecast server (or rather, stop
the „old“
one and start the „new“ one) so there will be a short downtime.