[Icecast] Possible CORS issue

Chip chiapas at aktivix.org
Thu Feb 13 22:44:46 UTC 2020

Hi

I'm clutching at straws here.

I have a user who requires access to a status-json.xsl to publish now
playing data for an Alexa skill and this can be accessed via a browser at:

   - http://example.com:8000/status-json.xsl

He says that now his PHP script cannot access the file.

I know that Alexa requires *streams* to be served over https but this has
previously worked and his skill is curerently failing at accessing the
status-json.xsl file.

This is successful:

curl http://example.com:8000/status-json.xsl

But this:

curl -I http://example.com:8000/status-json.xsl

gives a Bad Request:

HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request

I'm wondering if this might be a CORS issue:

   - https://enable-cors.org/server.html

If that is so, what would be the appropriate solution from the above to
remedy the problem?

With many thanks in advance

Chip Scooter