[Icecast] Why I responded publicly [WAS: admin console]

Philipp Schafft lion at lion.leolix.org
Thu Feb 13 16:14:58 UTC 2020

Good evening,

On Thu, 2020-02-13 at 14:59 +0000, user wrote:
> Philipp Schafft, who allow you to publish my private message?

I could also ask who allowed you to send me unwanted private messages?

In fact I did not notice it was sent privately until after my reply. It
was totally unexpected to be private as it did not contain any hints for
that nor any sensitive information. And it was clearly an reply to an
question I posted on a public list wich clearly asked for a public
reply.

Even more as not replying to the list but privately is a common mistake
I didn't thought much about it. Also keeping in mind that you break
threading. Like here:

> > Remove
> > -Pete

This is not from my mail. So I thought it was just another tiny mistake.

What I feel discomfort about is that this is getting away from the
actual discussion. I don't think the public list is interested in this.
However more interested in your comments on my questions.

I hope that we can get back on-topic. I would be happy to hear from you
about the actual questions and will ignore future meta mails.
If you want to complain about me, feel free to contact
<icecast-owner at xiph.org>.

> [...]

With best regards and best hopes for this thread,

--
Philipp.
 (Rah of PH2)