[Icecast] Ices Fails After Upgrading Icecast

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Tue Aug 25 19:34:18 UTC 2020

I upgraded Icecast from 2.43 to 2.44 on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) so I could
use the SSL feature. I haven't got that working yet, but a more urgen
problem has arisen. Ices will no longer start because it says it can't
log in to the mount point (called /backup) that it usually uses to
stream its own stuff which gets relayed to the server's main port when
no other program is playing. I get the following error in ices.log:

Error during send: Mount failed on http://localhost:8000/backup, error:
Login failed

After ten of those, it aborts:

Too many stream errors, giving up
Ices Exiting...

I removed the two SSL lines from the Icecast configuration file and
restarted the server, but still Ices fail to start. Has something
changed between Icecast 2.43 and 2.44? I highly doubt it has but I
thought it prudent to ask.

Thanks in advance.