[Icecast] Intro file will not pre-pend stream

Patricia Moynihan pmoynihan at fsu.edu
Fri Aug 14 16:37:46 UTC 2020

Thank you for the reply Paul. I was able to try that and no luck there either. Here is what is listed in the docs

-------
intro
An optional value which will specify the file those contents will be sent to new listeners when they connect but before the normal stream is sent. Make sure the format of the file specified matches the streaming format. The specified file is appended to webroot before being opened.
-------

I have also read somewhere it should be relative to webroot, which is at the default location (2.4). At first it wouldn’t play at all (the file by itself) but I had an SELinux issue (thank you IRC). Now the file will play here

https://mp3stream2.wfsu.org:8443/promo-128-48-stereo.mp3

, but not pre-pend.

Here is the test stream url that matches the 128kbps 48khz 2 channel stereo
https://mp3stream2.wfsu.org:8443/test.mp3

Anyone do this successfully and would be able to share config with me? Or any other ideas? What’s the best way to confirm my file formats match? I am going by 1. What Butt says for encoding the stream. 2. How I am exporting the intro file in Adobe Audition.

Thanks.

Patricia Moynihan
Director of Digital

pmoynihan at fsu.edu<mailto:pmoynihan at fsu.edu>