[Icecast] unsubscribe

Jan Versnel jan.versnel at inter.nl.net
Thu Sep 19 14:58:01 UTC 2019

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan  Versnel

  jan at jcversnel.nl

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Icecast [mailto:icecast-bounces at xiph.org] Namens ScanCaster
Verzonden: donderdag 19 september 2019 14:48
Aan: icecast at xiph.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Icecast] Anyone using ffmpeg as a source-client?

On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 12:55:28 -0300, Alejandro wrote:

> The biggest challenge was detect connection issues and fix them
> (restart) as ffmpeg don't work well on that side

I am using ffmpeg to take two streams, merge them into ONE NEW stream...
works... but due to the inherit issues of the interent disconnects are
its down fall...

BASH script that just restarts the whole thing when it exits is fine...
but maybe you've found a more elegant solution??? Care to share???

I do this basically via BASH

cmd = ffmpeg.....

until $cmd; do
 mail send a mail to alert on drop...
 restarting..
done

I've got -hide_banner -reconnect 1 -reconnect_at_eof 1 -
reconnect_streamed 1 -reconnect_delay_max 2  in the command... but as you
posted ffmpeg doesn't seem to do this well or really at all (in my
view)..hence my script....

I'd like to expand this to do some transcosding MP3 to ogg even with the
low, ie: 1 user who wants it, since the original streamstranscoder
project is long dead, RIP, :( :( , but need to come up with something
reliable to set it up, forget about it. I don't mind doing it if I can do
it server side with out sending two streams via the source.. IOW send it
once.

I'd love to see what you might be willing to share on the recconnect
setup..

THANKS!