[Icecast] Best method of grabbing Now Playing metadata with PHP?

Richard Elen relen at brideswell.com
Fri Sep 13 15:04:18 UTC 2019

Hi, Fred...

Many thanks for the suggestion!

If we simply want to output metadata as you describe, how much,if any,
of the prerequisites described in
https://github.com/RadioFreeAsia/GlassPlayer/blob/master/INSTALL
can we dispense with? We are dealing with a shared hosting system for
the host so installing the bare minimum would be a good idea (especially
as we may have to ask the provider to do it! The streaming server is a
dedicated machine, but the logging system we need to run this on is
shared hosting).

Thanks,

--Richard E