[Icecast] multiple instances? Updated

Darragh Ó Héiligh d at digitaldarragh.com
Tue Sep 10 08:09:35 UTC 2019

Are you looking for multiple streams like shown here: http://ceol.fm:8000 ?

If so, I'll send you a config file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Icecast <icecast-bounces at xiph.org> On Behalf Of jake
Sent: Tuesday 10 September 2019 08:45
To: Icecast streaming server user discussions <icecast at xiph.org>
Subject: Re: [Icecast] multiple instances? Updated

Your query has actually been answered more than once. You don't need to define mounts in the icecast.xml file, the source clients (which connect to icecast and stream music to it) define the mount point by virtue of connecting to it. I use liquadsoap as a source client, and I set the mount point in liquadsoap to "jake-radio.mp3" like this:

-------- 8< --------
output.icecast(%mp3.vbr(quality=1),
   host = "localhost", port = 8000,
   password = "NOTMYREALPASSWORD", mount = "jake-radio.mp3",
   description="jakeradio - all my songs on random", name="jakeradio",
   sc)

I have another mount point configured in liquadsoap set to "carly-radio.mp3" in a similar manner.

The words "jake-radio.mp3" and "carly-radio.mp3" do not appear in the icecast.xml at all.

If you are using vlc to stream, just tell it a new mount point and icecast will just make it.

Now your behaviour has been fairly belligerent to be quite honest, and I am surprised your behaviour hasn't resulted in some sort of banning. We are not all kids - I am not the oldest at 43, but I don't think that makes me a kid - nor has anyone trolled you. You need to calm down a little.

Jake