[Icecast] multiple instances? Updated

A. Craig West acraigwest at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 22:54:24 UTC 2019

As I said, there are a lot of clients that can be configured to stream to
shoutcast. How do you have SAM configured? Somewhere you must be telling it
what shout cast server, mount point, and password to use. For what you are
doing, you need to configure a second Sam client to run at the same time,
to a second mount point on the same server and port. Perhaps /rock and
/blues.
With icecast, much of the configuration is on the streaming client side,
icecast itself is responsible for turning the sing input stream into a
separate stream for each listener, but the configuration of icecast itself
often is identical for each stream, which is why it works without a
separate configuration