[Icecast] multiple instances?

wilderzone.radio.2 wilderzone.radio.2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:31:41 UTC 2019

Hello, Thomas_B._Rücker,

>>     <limits>
>>         <clients>100</clients>
>>         <sources>2</sources>
>

>Beware, you are limiting the Icecast server to TWO active mountpoints.
>If you try a third connection it will fail.

At this point, I'd be happy with the 2nd one working, then I can worry about any limitations.

>I hope that's not your real password. In case it is, please change it.

of course not, but over this entire ordeal it's been a nickname people have given me after I tell them that their "google it" answers are f**king useless)

>As already pointed out by Unosonic, there is currently no defined
><mount>. Connecting using the source-password will make it appear on the
>fly, but there are no special settings applied.

Yeah he was EXTREMELY VAGUE about that comment. I have yet to suss out just what the heck he meant by it.

>You can create mountpoints by adding the earlier mentioned sections. The
>only important thing is that this must be outside of sections enclosed
>by <!-- -->.

Also, in regards to Notepad++, I've got it but it's extremely useless to me.
I got it for a function that it was alleged to have but I never found that function and "words in pretty colours" don't mean anything at all unless you have an idea of what those colours are supposed to denote.

Best regards.

Foxxe
wilderzone.radio.2 at gmail.com
  thewilderzone.sytes.net