[Icecast] OPUS Metadata in IceCast v2.4.4

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon May 13 08:45:40 UTC 2019

Good morning,

On Fri, 2019-05-10 at 17:59 +0100, Paul Martin wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 10:35:39AM -0500, Rick Keniuk wrote:
>
> > I may have asked this previously, but I am still on a mission to get
> > metadata on my OPUS streams (FLAC if possible also).
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7845.html  (Section 5.2)
>
> ...which is similar to Ogg Vorbis comments.

Support for metadata in Opus is a feature of Icecast 2.5.x. It has first
been included in v2.5.0-beta.2. But please note that this is only about
displaying.

All versions of Icecast that actually support Opus at all will pass
metadata correctly to the listeners.

Similar situation for FLAC. Icecast does pass the metadata to the
listener. It just doesn't display them on it's status page. There is
currently no patch for FLAC. If needed the best way to get it in is to
open a ticket for it (if there is none yet) and post the ticket ID here
on this thread.

Tickets can be opened at:
https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/icecast-server/issues

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015