[Icecast] OPUS Metadata in IceCast v2.4.4

Rick Keniuk daddyo323 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 15:35:39 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I may have asked this previously, but I am still on a mission to get metadata on my OPUS streams (FLAC if possible also).  I am using IceCast v2.4.4 (on Windows 8.1) and RadioCaster as an encoder for OPUS streams and I know that sending the streams directly to IceCast will not pass metadata for song title and artist.  I have tried using a built-in server in RadioCaster and I can see the metadata on that stream.  So I thought I could simply relay that server via IceCast and the metadata would remain intact but it appears that is not the case.  Is this possible or must I wait for a further update to IceCast or I’ve mis-configured IceCast?  Or…. Is the format of the metadata being sourced in RadioCaster incorrect?

Thanks,

Rick