[Icecast] YP Directory Listing Concern

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Fri Mar 29 06:06:15 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 3/29/19 4:58 AM, Prince Naryk wrote:
> is icecast not compatible with windows 10 ?

Icecast works OK on Windows in general.

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 12:18 PM Prince Naryk
> <princekyran.pabate at gmail.com <mailto:princekyran.pabate at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     my icecast.bat file won't run

you'd need to provide much more details for us to help you with this.
Please keep in mind that we neither can see your screen, nor are we
clairvoyant. Any error messages? What did you do/change?

>     On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 9:41 AM Prince Naryk
>     <princekyran.pabate at gmail.com
>     <mailto:princekyran.pabate at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         here are the screenshots do you think this work fine ? my
>         friends cant listen to my stream

You seem to be using your internal machine name. You'd need to use your
*public* hostname under which your server is reachable from the internet.

>         On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 8:57 AM Prince Naryk
>         <princekyran.pabate at gmail.com
>         <mailto:princekyran.pabate at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>             im using Listen2Myradio website to provide me the IP
>             server and password for Icecast
>             and I use Butt for the encoder where I also place the IP
>             server and the password provided from Listen2myradio site
>             to make work online.

You have now introduced something completely different to the situation.

IF YOU ARE USING A THIRD PARTY SERVICE THEN YOU MUST CONFIGURE THAT, NOT
YOUR PRIVATE SERVER.
FOR HELP CONTACT THE SUPPORT OF YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER!

>             everything works fine, others can now listen to my stream
>             outside my network if only I gave them the stream link.

You must configure *that* service, not your private machine!

>             but my concern is my stream isn't connected on the YP
>             directory listing.

Contact listen2myradio support. We can not help you.

>             if i install icecast 2.4.4 it won't provide me IP server

I do not understand what you mean by this. This statement without
further context does not make sense.

>             On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:43 AM Prince Naryk
>             <princekyran.pabate at gmail.com
>             <mailto:princekyran.pabate at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>                 something im still confused, im sorry a newbie here :)

I understand, but we can't teach you everything that you need to
understand outside of Icecast. We certainly tried. But we are a
community that focuses on Icecast.

Please consider learning more about "the internet", "networks",
"routers", "TCP/UDP services/servers". There are many educational
resources on the Internet that can help you. I am sorry, but I can't
point one specific out as I don't fully understand your needs. It might
be best if you could find someone knowledgeable locally to help you
learn those concepts.

Please note that I have provided specific answers in context of each of
your questions. You can NOT read them as one solution.

Best of luck in your endeavours!

Thomas