[Icecast] icecast player

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Thu Mar 21 17:05:43 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-03-21 at 11:15 +0000, Abdallah Sabateen wrote:
> Can we use this software to listen  the music that's coming from
> Icast and Museter server and if we have a silent issue on the stream
> can this software automatic move to backup station?

Icecast is not a player, but a stream aggregator platform. To do what
you're looking for, you'd need a player capable of generating some sort
of action (run a script, raise an SNMP trap, etc) when a 'silence'
condition is detected. One player that can do this is GlassPlayer (
https://github.com/RadioFreeAsia/GlassPlayer). You'd also need a fair
amount of site-specific administrative 'plumbing' to make that silence alarm do something useful --e.g. start a backup encoder instance, send a warning text to support people, etc.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |