[Icecast] Change IP with name on icecast server

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Tue Jun 11 05:19:27 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 6/10/19 10:18 AM, Lom Lodi wrote:
> Good morning,
> it is possible to change the ip as shown in a photo in a name.
> So I would like if it is possible to change the IP I know into a name
> changing the host file does not work.
> the machine that hosts the icecast is windows 7 pro

I'm not quite sure what you are asking for, but my best guess is that
you want the hostname to be a friendly domain name.

This is of course possible, but mostly outside the scope of Icecast
itself. If you want a name like 'mystream.example.org' or
'myfunkystream.xyzzy', then you need to get yourself a domain and create
corresponding DNS entries that point to the public IP adress(es) of your
Icecast server.

If it's just on one particular machine that you want to talk to Icecast
then the 'hosts' file approach will work.

Please note that the above does not take into account if you are
operating on a private network that uses a NAT router towards the
Internet or your ISP puts you behind CGNAT.

If this doesn't address your question, please explain in more detail
what you are trying to achieve and also describe in detail what you have
tried and what behaviour you observed.

Cheers,

Thomas