[Icecast] SSL-Question

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Wed Jul 31 14:33:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 7/31/19 1:56 PM, unosonic wrote:

> thanks, that makes sense and works!
> btw: is port 8443 sort of standard, which clients do consider?

The RFC standardized ports for HTTP are:

80, alternatives: 8008, 8080

For HTTPS:

443

After all, Icecast is just another web server.

Please note the absence of 8000 and 8443. Neither are officially
specified for WWW type HTTP(S). They are commonly used as such, but 80
and 443 are *much* better choices and should be preferred.

Cheers,

TBR