[Icecast] Files not populated in var/www

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 10:32:18 UTC 2019

On 24 Jul 2019, at 21:37, Bjarne Bartlett wrote:

> Aloha Paul,
>
> I did originally try to view the server on port 8000 and 8001 and I get an
> error message that the site cannot be reached. It initially seemed like a
> firewall issue, but our LAN admin has opened the ports and allowed the
> icecast connection. Interestingly, when I start icecast it hangs and does
> not print that the server has started, is this an issue that anyone has
> encountered?
>
> I have attached some pictures of what is happening and a redacted
> configuration file.

[…]
    <listen-socket>
        <port>8000</port>
        <bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address>
        <ssl>0</ssl>
        <!-- <shoutcast-mount>/stream</shoutcast-mount> -->
    </listen-socket>
[…]

In your config you set the bind address to 127.0.0.1 which means only
requests from the local machine can ever reach Icecast. So it is not
surprising that you can not reach it from the outside.

The "hanging" you describe seems normal when you do not start Icecast
in daemon mode, as it will just keep running until you terminate it.