[Icecast] Possible ICES/Icecast bug

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu Jul 11 20:32:47 UTC 2019

Good evening,

On Wed, 2019-07-10 at 11:20 +0100, Chris Calvey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if you can help. I am running Icecast 2.4.4, Ices 2.0.2 and
> libshout 2.4.3. There has been a recent upgrade to libshout and I
> notice that my previous ices configuration no longer works.

Do you know which version of libshout you ran before the update?

> In the
> ices log I get the error message:
>
> [2019-07-10  11:10:30] INFO ices-core/main IceS 2.0.2 started...
> [2019-07-10  11:10:30] INFO signals/signal_usr1_handler Metadata
> update requested
> [2019-07-10  11:10:30] INFO
> playlist-basic/playlist_basic_get_next_filename Loading playlist from
> file "playlist.txt"
> [2019-07-10  11:10:30] EROR stream/ices_instance_stream libshout
> error: Nonsensical arguments

This sounds like there is invalid config passed to libshout.

> I have checked the githib repo for any know issues, and wonder if you
> can advise.

We do not do any Issue tracking on Github nor use Github for anything
else beside a public mirror. Issue tracking happens here:
https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/icecast-libshout/issues

But not, nothing that comes to mind.

In your config you set the mount point to a invalid path. Mounts must
start with a slash. Also your URL metadata (which should point to your
homepage) does have extra new lines around the actual URL. This is
invalid. The station metadata must not include line breaks of any kind.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015