[Icecast] Icecast Digest, Vol 175, Issue 6

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:04:15 UTC 2019

On 17 Jan 2019, at 13:50, Damian wrote:

> So, I’ll try to explain what I mean a little more by referring to
> some images.
>
> In the first image here, http://systrum.net/mount.png
> <http://systrum.net/mount.png> iTunes shows the mount-name of my
> stream. This is not the option that I want, but it is what seems to be
> the default that I am stuck with.
>
> In this second image, http://systrum.net/stream.png
> <http://systrum.net/stream.png> iTunes is displaying the stream-name
> rather than the mount name. This is not my stream, but rather one in
> the iTunes internet radio directory.
>
> To clarify, these are appearing in the media player itself, not as
> part of a html pop-up in a browser. So, I refer back to my original
> question about what the parameters available to me are in the
> icecast.xml file that will enable me to have the stream name appear as
> in the second image?

This is completely up to the player, if you set a stream name in your
source client or Icecast config,
this already is sent correctly to the player but not all players honor
this.

There is nothing you can do about this on Icecasts side.
For streams in playlists like the radio directory, iTunes just uses
whatever name set in the playlist.
Once a station is added to a playlist it actually sometimes picks up the
name but thats quite buggy for
some reason.

The only thing you can do about this is to open a bug report at
https://bugreport.apple.com for iTunes.