[Icecast] increase source limit

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Feb 26 13:07:17 UTC 2019

Good morning,

On Mon, 2019-02-25 at 21:19 +0000, Larry Turnbull wrote:
> I am working on an Icecast server that is running on windows server 2012.

I'm not into windows at all, but is there still support for Windows
Server 2012? Maybe an upgrade might be desirable.

> I edited the config file to raise the source limit from 2 to 5.
>
> I restarted the program and restarted the Icecast server.

> The server starts with no issue.

ok.

> However, the  server still won't allow more than 2 sources at  a time.

What is in the error and in the access log for the corresponding
connects?

> I am specifying different mounts on each source so that doesn't appear to be
> the issue.

Ok.

> Do I need to set up specific mount points in the config file to allow more
> than 2 sources?

No. Most people break Icecast by having too much config. You should
NEVER have <mount> sections unless your stream NEEDS to have different
configuration than the other streams.

In fact most servers just work fine with only setting the passwords, the
hostname, and the contact information.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015