[Icecast] Kicking duplicate connections

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Mon Dec 23 12:53:03 UTC 2019

Hi Damian,

El lun, 23-12-2019 a las 20:37 +1000, Damian escribió:
> I see. However, it is often pretty easy to see that a duplicate
> connection is the same listener because the time connected to the
> server of the two connections is the same. In that case, I am
> wondering which would be the one to kick.

In addition to what Gavin says, you should also consider that the
listener WISHES to listen to your radio with more than one instance on
their device (or devices ... in house ... in company ...). Also, in
this way, an interesting effect is usually achieved, such as an echo
:))

Where do you read connections with the same IP and the same elapsed
time ? ... On the Icecast2 Admin page ? ...

The Icecast2 server gives each connection a different ID. Look at the
Action column, by placing the cursor on Kick, on the right of the
link the ID will appear.

Before doing a script to *Kick automatically* certain connections, I
would respect that server's criteria and let the server decide what to
do.

Regards.
José Luis