[Icecast] Delay on preroll

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 16:45:18 UTC 2019

One thing is, there is always a delay, especially if use a burst cache. I
can put 3 different clients on the delay can be a little annoying. From a
simple each or reverb effect to a couple sec delay. And if you separate on
remote network it can easily be 10 to 15 sec between clients.
 The delay is complicated mix of client's , network's and server's
configuration and speed.
 Big burst is good to get a client buffers filled so you get little
buffering when listing live.
  Twerking around the settings can make it better but can't be perfect.
  I find trying listen with the source in one ear and the stream with
other, you can find where this delay is. And it will change overtime.