[Icecast] Relay http stream to https

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Tue Dec 3 01:46:19 UTC 2019

Hi Bill,

El lun, 02-12-2019 a las 15:44 +0000, Bill Best escribió:
> Hi
>
> I have an SSL-enabled server that is set up to stream over https
> fine.
>
> The mountpoints are typically set up as follows:
>
> > <listen-socket>
> > <port>8005</port>
> > </listen-socket>
> >
> > <listen-socket>
> > <port>9005</port>
> > <ssl>1</ssl>
> > </listen-socket>
> >
> > <ssl-certificate>/usr/local/centovacast/etc/ssl/icecast.pem</ssl-
> > certificate>
>
> How should icecast.xml be configured to allow for relaying an http
> stream as an https-enabled stream?

You simply must configure the *relay* section on the local Icecast2
server, which has SSL enabled:

    <relay>
        <server>remoteIP</server>
        <port>remotePort</port>
        <mount>/remoteStream.opus</mount>
        <local-mount>/localStream.opus</local-mount>
        <on-demand>0</on-demand>
    </relay>

It doesn't matter if the remote server has SSL enabled or not.

You must also increase the number of sources in the *limits* section:

    <limits>
        <sources>2</sources>
    </limits>

Regards.