[Icecast] players who cannot handle switching to a fallback mount point?

Paul Martin pm at nowster.me.uk
Fri Apr 12 09:13:34 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 09:30:11AM +0200, Michel van Dop wrote:
> We use Icecast version 2.4.4 and use mountpoint /main and include use
> fallback-mount.
> When the /main is offline 92% of the listeners go to fallback-mount and
> 8% disconnect.
>
> The format is 96k AAC and we have 8 mountpoint and 8 fallback-mount
> points include extra fallback files AAC.

Are the fallback streams exactly the same characteristics as the
streams they're associated with?

Are they live or are they files served by Icecast?  (File serving is
not bitrate constrained in mainstream Icecast, so will completely fill
listeners' players' buffers, possibily requiring a reconnect to get
back to live if the buffer is large.)

--
Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk>