[Icecast] Question about replacing the web interface with an audio stream

Thomas B. Rücker thomas at ruecker.fi
Mon Apr 8 06:48:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 4/7/19 6:33 PM, Jordan Verner wrote:
> In my case the rest of my server was apache/CPanel, so I don’t have a
> choice in the matter.
> Does it matter if the web interface is completely inaccessible, as
> would be a side effect of the alias approach?

That assumption is not right.

The web interface only comes up on the `/` path as it's by default
aliased to `/status.xsl`.
If you replace that alias, then the main web interface page will remain
accessible via `/status.xsl`.

Also, I strongly Agree with Yahav. Avoid reverse proxying Icecast and if
Apache is involved, run as fast as you can. If you need to run a
traditional webserver for other reasons, don't do it on the same address
as Icecast.

Cheers,

Thomas