[Icecast] multiple mounts each varying bitrates

jake jake at jakebriggs.com
Fri Sep 28 10:00:51 UTC 2018

I just realised my previous email didn't go to the list for some reason.
Here it is again:

Currently, I have three liquadsoap ".liq" files, and they all look very
similar to this:

-------- 8< --------
jake at beastie:/etc/liquidsoap$ cat jake.liq
#!/usr/bin/liquidsoap

#set("log.file.path","/tmp/basic-radio.log")

def my_request_function() =
   # Get the first line of my external process
   result =
     list.hd(
       get_process_lines("/usr/bin/getrandomsong.sh
/etc/liquidsoap/jakeradio.sh"))
   # Create and return a request using this result
   request.create(result)
end

# Create the source
s = mksafe(request.dynamic(my_request_function))

sc = smart_crossfade(conservative=true, s)

output.icecast(%mp3.vbr(quality=1),
   host = "localhost", port = 8000,
   password = "ICECASTPASSWORD", mount = "jake-radio.mp3",
   description="jakeradio - all my songs on random", name="jakeradio",
   sc)

jake at beastie:/etc/liquidsoap$
-------- 8< --------

The important differences between the configs are the "mount",
"description", and "name" in the last command.
As you can see, the mp3's are re-encoded to a variable bit rate, quality
set to 1, which I am sure is overkill lol

There is no special config in icecast, icecast will stream whatever the
streaming source tells it to - in my case, the streaming source is
liquadsoap.

You may want to look at the setting in icecast.xml
icecast/limits/clients and/or icecast/limits/sources - mine is set to
100, I *think* sources defaults to something quite low, like 2, which
bit me when I tried to stream 3 things....

Also, you'll want to look at icecast/authentication/source-password and
set that to something - Above, in my liq file, you'll see 'password =
"ICECASTPASSWORD"' - they need to match.

I hope I've given you enough to get you on the right track :D

Jake