[Icecast] Tweaking an Icecast server, file conversions, lyrics, currently playing script and multiple streams

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 20:01:23 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've got a new Icecast2 server that I'm setting up. Previously it was
on a machine with ices0 so I could just stream a directory of mp3
files.

Now using ices2 I've got to convert many files to .ogg and .opus, I
also added in .flac for another project. So I goto the directory that
for now just has .mp3 files and do:

for f in *.mp3; do ffmpeg -i "$f" "$f.opus" "$f.ogg" "$f.flac"; done

So I've got an .mp3, an .opus, and .ogg, and a .flac version of the files.

What I'm wanting to know is first of all I read up on lyrics, but that
seems to require a kodi plugin, is there something standalone I can
use?

I'm also looking for a currently playing script, searching has only
revealed again a kodi plugin, I am looking for something standalone.

I'm wanting to do multiple streams at various bitrates, the original
files are 192KBPS .mp3 files, i'd like for those .opus files to be the
high bandwidth files, then encode the .mp3 files to 128KBPS (for
medium bandwidth), 64KBPS (low bandwidth), and 56KBPS (dialup).

How would I get ices2 set up like this and how would I get the files
in to the various bitrates?

Thanks.
Dave.