[Icecast] Cool Mic v1.0.6 released (Icecast source client for Android)

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Mon Oct 1 23:23:27 UTC 2018

I would like to announce the release of Cool Mic 1.0.6, an open source
Icecast source client for Android.

We have worked hard to implement some new features based on user
feedback, such as auto-reconnect and manual input gain adjustment. We’ve
also revamped our codebase to give better response, stability and room
for future enhancements. For instance, we’ve separated the
connection/streaming core (libshout) from the UI and made it a
background service. This will give us the ability to easily add things
like live editing of metadata during a stream.

Current Features:

  + Streams live audio from microphone or mic/line jack to Icecast
  + Configurable metadata (Title, Artist) sent to Icecast
  + Easy sharing of your stream URL
  + Auto-reconnect
  + Input gain (input volume) slider
  + Graphical VU meter with adjustable update interval
  + Active listener count (current + peak/max)
  + Broadcast length timer
  + Supports the open source, patent free Ogg/Opus audio codec
  + Supports the open source, patent free Ogg/Vorbis audio codec
  + Configurable Opus + Vorbis quality level settings
  + Configurable Icecast ‘source‘ username
  + Configurable number of audio channels (1/Mono, 2/Stereo)
  + Configurable sample rate (8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 44100, 48000Hz)
  + Configurable server port (Under “Connection”, use SERVER:PORT)
  + Scan QR Code for auto-configuration
  + Allows basic testing by using predefined Cool Mic Test Server (CMTS)
  + Prevents screen + Wi-Fi sleep mode during livestream
  + Check current Cool Mic -> Android OS permissions
  + Simple and easy to use interface
  + 100% Open Source (GPLv3) Android app

Google Play Install:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.echonet.coolmicapp

Github (source code):
https://github.com/CoolMicApp/CoolMicApp-Android

Cool Mic Website:
https://coolmic.net/

IRC:
irc.freenode.net #coolmic

We're also looking for people interested in helping in the next stages
of development, including a built-in listener client, translation to
other languages and porting to iOS to name a few things. Please contact
if you are interested in becoming part of the project.

We hope you enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Jordan Erickson
In cooperation with Löwenfelsen UG.