[Icecast] pre-roll ads and log file

StreamAnalyst streamanalyst at internetofficer.com
Fri Jun 15 08:20:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Are pre-roll ads supported by Icecast? If so, how?

And will the log file tell me if the pre-roll ad was completely listened to?

Say the pre-roll ad lasts 15 seconds. If I see a connection of 15 seconds in the log file, does it mean that the listener stopped listening immediately after the ad or that he listened to the ad and then to 15 seconds of music?

And if a player disconnects because of a poor network and automatically reconnects, will the pre-roll ad be sent again?

Thank you.