[Icecast] Ladiocast/Icecast Configuration

David Kaplan dhkaplan at mac.com
Fri Jul 20 10:42:15 UTC 2018

I’ve resolved the problem to my macOS Sophos Anti-Virus blocking the stream. Once I whitelisted the address all works great.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 1:17 PM, David Kaplan <dhkaplan at mac.com> wrote:

I’m running Icecast 2.4.3 on macOS 10.13.6.

I have a front end of Ladiocast successfully feeding Icecast.

My problem is in the configuration of the source and the server.

If I have Ladiocast stream to 127.0.0.1:port with a mount of stream and have the same info in the Icecast.xml config file under listen socket, I can successfully receive my audio on a browser on the server Mac.

However, I can’t figure out how to access this from outside the Mac. If I switch to 192.168.0.5 for Ladiocast and Icecast I can connect Ladiocast to Icecast, see the Icecast server admin webpage on my browser, but I cannot connect to the stream.

It seems like it should be a simple answer for someone who really knows Icecast, but I’m just starting out.

Any help in configuration so I can see the server from another computer would be gratefully appreciated!