[Icecast] "Internal Relay" of stream to 2 mounts?

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu Jul 12 15:12:05 UTC 2018

Good afternoon,

On Thu, 2018-07-12 at 13:59 +0000, ScanCaster wrote:
> I'd like to NOT SEND the SAME AUDIO to the server TWICE! Ie setup darkice
> to feed Radio and Radio-2.  Wasting bandwidth a 32K * x adds up. Even
> reducing bitrate * x still adds up. Really don't want to have to encode
> twice for this.
> [...]
> Is it possible to do this in icecast.xml some what I am not seeing?
> Relay??

You already guessed it: Using relays.

Try something like:
    <relay>
        <server>localhost</server>
        <port>8000</port>
        <mount>/real-source.ogg</mount>
        <local-mount>/new-copy.ogg</local-mount>
    </relay>

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015