[Icecast] https stream play 1 second and stop

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Wed Dec 5 11:10:17 UTC 2018

Good morning,

On Wed, 2018-12-05 at 11:29 +0100, Michel van Dop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have sometimes a problems with playing in https the stream starts
> playing and stops in html5 or direct in the browser after a second.
> If we use the same stream on http, there is no problem. I can not find
> anything in the error log.
>
> We use Icecast 2.4.3. Is this problem solve in 2.4.4?

There is no such bug known to us in Icecast. However:
There is a bug in some OpenSSL versions that cause this behaviour.

Which OpenSSL version do you use?

Please also note that 2.4.4 include a very important security fix for
URL Auth [0]. So upgrade to Icecast 2.4.4 is generally recommended.

With best regards,

[0] https://icecast.org/news/icecast-release_2_4_4/

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015