[Icecast] NAT and Playlist Question

Jake jake at jakebriggs.com
Mon Apr 2 20:06:45 UTC 2018

You may need to set up a reverse proxy depending on your setup.

What is the external URL? Is it something like http://example.com ? Or http://example.com/playlist.pls ? Or perhaps http://example.com:8000/playlist.pls ?

I guess I am asking if you are natting from 80 to 8000, or something like that. There could be firewall rules on the outgoing connection that stop getting at port 8000.

Also, what error do you get when attempting to get the URL with curl or wget?

If your URL is not private, I'd be happy to have a poke at it. I can't guarantee a solution though haha

Jake