[Icecast] Resample and Relay Using Icecast2

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Tue Sep 5 15:30:11 UTC 2017

Hi Robert,

Icecast itself doesn't do any resampling of audio streams it receives.
One would likely craft a solution that listens to the original stream
and re-encodes on the fly, providing those alternate bitrate streams
back to Icecast. I've heard people doing this with liquidsoap and other
source clients, and a bit of server-side magic.

Some quick Googling provided me with this link that will likely explain
more:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31456998/how-to-reencode-stream-in-fly-and-translate#31457695

HTH,
Jordan Erickson