[Icecast] Metadata: populating StreamUrl

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Nov 13 21:04:36 UTC 2017

On 13 Nov 2017, at 21:17, Fred Gleason wrote:

> Is there a way in v2.4.2 to include a ‘StreamUrl=‘ field in the stream metadata as well as ‘StreamTitle=‘?  It appears that the administrative interface only populates StreamTitle.
[…]

On Nov 13, 2017, at 15:40, Marvin Scholz <epirat07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No. There are currently no plans for it either.

Would a patch that implements such be entertained by upstream?  I’m thinking something along the lines of an additional argument to the existing /admin/metadata interface —e.g.

	http://server.example.com:8000/admin/metadata?mount=MyMount&mode=updinfo&song=MySong <http://server.example.com:8000/admin/metadata?mount=MyMount&mode=updinfo&song=MySong>&url=http://myurl.example.com/some_node

Everything from ‘&url=‘ onwards (inclusive) would be optional; if absent, the behavior would be precisely as it is now.

Cheers!