[Icecast] Hello to all

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 21:01:01 UTC 2017

On 19 Mar 2017, at 20:07, Can Kırca wrote:

>   Hello to all,
>
> My name's Can, I'm a server administrator in a middle-size company.
> I have a small question about Icecast.
>
> I'm about to create an online learning platform for blind users. I
> installed Moodle, would like to embed audio contents into lessons to
> prevent downloading.

This will not prevent downloading. There is no way to do that easily.
Streaming is not the same as copy protection. Just because you stream
content this does not make it harder at all to download.

To embed files you do not need Icecast. Just use a normal web server
such as apache or nginx and put the files in the webroot somewhere
so that the webserver will server them.

You can than "embed" them like so:

<audio src="https://example.org/patch/to/file.ogg" controls="controls">
The audio element is not supported by your Browser
</audio>

Even if you would live-stream them, downloading would be just as easy.