[Icecast] icecast cluster

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 22:08:53 UTC 2017

THe feature itself really dose not exists as a whole, you can set up relays
to have a mount be hosted on more then one sever, these servers can be
anywhere. The servers in the network is not the issue in hosting, it the
bandwidth you have access too. The servers can handle a larger capacity
then most  bandwidth can handle.

  We have a fall back server we can turn on  when we get up to 75% our
bandwidth. This is handle by a simple php script that keeps track of number
of  users that will trigger the fallback bases on the bandwidth of all the
stream uses.  And it will route new connection to the offsite server to
offload some of the bandwidth to them. We don't like to do this because of
the over head in cost this causes.

Other this this we never seen a purpose to use more then 1 master server
and slaves on demand :)

It take planing and bandwidth management to keep  it all running ritght.
One rule is don't use more then you need.