[Icecast] Icecast "autodj" and static fallback file problems

Petri Muinonen turponieminen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 18:41:08 UTC 2017

Hi.

I have icecast2 setup that has multiple mounts, reserved for live streams.
They all have common fallback mount to /autodj where Ezstream streams mp3
files. My problem number 1 is that listeners seem to jump into wrong mounts
after they have fallen back from their original mount. For example
listeners connect to /live1, there is no stream in /live1 so they fallback
to /autodj, now /live2 starts streaming and listeners are moved to that
mount.

Problem number 2 is, that i tried to fix this behavior by specifying each
live mount a static mp3 fallback file. File is in the webroot and works but
now i can not connect to mounts with my streaming client (Edcast), it just
disconnects.

-turponieminen