[Icecast] Icecast Server doesn't start even after being properly configured

Edgar H kaotixpro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 23:04:07 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to Icecast but I've already read the
initial configuration page and have changed the basic parameters in the
.xml.

I'm trying to run Icecast on a Windows machine. In the install dir I've put
all the folders except /bin inside /bin, as the icecast.bat doesn't accept
any configuration file and always starts up by default at 127.0.0.1.

The changes I've made to the /doc/icecast.xml are the following ones.

I've changed the <hostname> to my public IP address and tried to start the
server. In the console once I execute the command "icecast -c
./doc/icecast.xml" shows nothing (I've also changed the location and such
so it doesn't throw the warnings). Once I try to access the Icecast page
via that IP the connection times out, just localhost works.

Apart from that, the default mountpoint /stream doesn't work either, 404 is
returned. The same happens if I modify it to a custom one.

I've already allowed Icecast on my firewall and opened the given port
although UPnP is enabled.

I don't have any clue about what's happening with it, hope you can shed
some light at it.