[Icecast] Icecast 2.4.0 max-listener-duration

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu Jan 26 15:33:19 UTC 2017

Good afternoon,

On Thu, 2017-01-26 at 12:45 +1300, Ross Levis wrote:
> I’m using the KH edition of Icecast 2.4.0 but it may also related to
> the standard release.

Note that my answer is only valid for the official releases. I can not
make any statement for fork by third parties.

> I added the following to my config xml file but the file cannot be
> parsed is the error...
> <mount type="default">
>     <max-listener-duration>28800</max-listener-duration>
> </mount>
>

> Any ideas of the problem?

If Icecast 2.4.x/2.5.x returns parser errors it's likely due to invalid
XML. You can check that with xmllint(1):
$ xmllint /path/to/icecast.xml

It will report any XML level errors.

With best regards,

PS: Please avoid sending HTML mails.

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015