[Icecast] Happy New Year From Robert Jeffares

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 06:37:26 UTC 2017

I'm not big on Christmas and for that matter New Year because it's usually a sad time rather then a happy one as I go through the 'old fashioned' hand written phone/contact directory I still carry, and make changes, which these days involves signficant use of the rubber end of the pencil. Some people I have contact with solely by phone, others have cellphones, which I can text, a number communicate by email, quite a few are on Facebook, and no doubt on all sorts of other social media, which you will not find me on. Some are business contacts, some are theatre people, musicians, radio people, car club people, people I have worked with one way or another, parents at school, and plain old friends. There are some old entries for people I haven't forgotten, just haven't been in constant contact with. Some of the phone numbers are out of date. The family is getting quite extended. My first cousins on both sides blanket 100 years and their descendants are numerous enough to cause a
 lot of concern if they all decided to assemble in one place. I just realised my oldest pal is someone I have known for 60+ years. I also have a bunch of contacts who are the children of people I know or knew. That's a new category. There are plenty of people I have lost contact with, as either one or both of us relocated. This is the time of year I think 'whatever happened to...?' and if you are reading this you can be reassured I am still around and I have a significant 'to-do' list for 2017. In fact the to-do list will take longer than that. Nothing like planning ahead. All the best, Robert Jeffares.