[Icecast] Source client for Android officially released in Google Play

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Wed Feb 8 19:51:42 UTC 2017

We would like to announce the official release of Cool Mic, a 100%
open-source (GPLv3) Icecast source client for Android. We hope you can
download it and try it out, we are very proud of its functionality so far.

Google Play Install:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cc.echonet.coolmicapp

---
Features:

* Streams live audio from microphone or mic/line jack to Icecast 2.x
* Supports open source, patent free Ogg/Opus and Ogg/Vorbis audio codecs
* Active listener count (current + peak/max)
* Graphical VU meter
* Broadcast length timer
* Easy sharing of your unique livestream URL
* Configurable Icecast ‘source‘ username
* Configurable number of audio channels (1/Mono, 2/Stereo)
* Configurable sample rate (8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 44100, 48000Hz)
* Configurable server port (Under “Connection”, use SERVER:PORT)
* Test ability with Cool Mic’s Public Livestream Servers
* Scan QR Code for auto-configuration
* Prevents screen + Wi-Fi sleep mode during livestream
* Check current Cool Mic -> Android OS permissions
* Simple and easy to use interface
* 100% Open Source (GPLv3) Android app

---

We're also looking for people interested in helping in the next stages
of development, including a built-in listener client, translation to
other languages and porting to iOS to name a few things. Please contact
if you are interested in becoming part of the project.

We hope you enjoy it!

---
Sincerely,
Jordan Erickson - https://coolmic.net