[Icecast] Icecast Server doesn't start even after being properly configured

bubba watson bubba4lyfe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:57:00 UTC 2017

Have you considered setting up a host name with no IP? I think that might be your best solution. I just cast is finicky when it comes to direct IP address situations.

Get Outlook for iOS

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:50 PM -0600, "Edgar H" <kaotixpro at gmail.com> wrote:

Same situation with the smartphone, connection timed out.

It is possible that you are not able to connect to your external IP address and reach Icecast.

Please try doing so from a connection that has not the external IP that Icecast has, like with

your mobile phone over cellular network.

The hostname should preferably be a hostname, not an IP address but if you have none, set it to your

public IP address and make sure you forward the right port in your router.

Icecast at xiph.org